3x3 Word, Excel and PPT
I would like to share three secrets about three Microsoft Programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint. The three tricks are simple things that may make work production and classroom teaching more brilliant.
- In Word if you type =rand() it will add random text to the document. If you are wanting a certain amount of paragraphs and a certain amount of sentences in each then you would type something like =rand(8,6). This trick comes in very handy when you are wanting to demonstrate font colour, size and properties quickly. It also is excellent if you are wanting to present something on headings and subheadings.
- The second trick is that in the Start Menu of Word you will find Word Options. After selecting this you well have options to customise your Quick Access Toolbar to contain more than just Undo, Redo and Save. You will be able to add all the things that you do to streamline your work life.
- Within the Ribbon there are various options that include 'Review'. If students are submitting assignments via email, resist the temptation of printing and simply use the 'Review' options and add 'Comments' and 'Balloons'.
|Word Options for Quick Access Toolbar|
- I have been adding QR Codes (Quick Reference Code) to my weekly Digital Learning News. There are various apps that construct a QR Code within seconds, however, why not use Excel? I have performed the method several times, however, now rely on my trusty iPad App.
- The second trick is that in the same way that you have options to customise your Quick Access Toolbar in Word, you can add gadgets to your Excel to contain more than just Undo, Redo and Save. You will be able to add all the things that you do to streamline your work life even further.
- Often people are aware of the shortcuts for operating Word, however, with Excel often become stuck. To learn more Excel shortcuts click here.
- In the same way that comments and balloons can be added to a Word document when marking student work, PowerPoint (PPT) presentations can also be reviewed. Simply select the 'Review' tab and 'Add Comment'.
- When saving a PPT there are options that include the ability to save the item and project as a movie that allow the presenter to simply stand and deliver. The timing and duration of transitions and slides needs to be perfect before publication.
- Forget hours wasted scrap booking and make a digital move instantly. The Photo Album options are found in the 'Insert' tab and are a great way of showcasing events quickly.If for example an entire cohort have returned from camp and you desire to showcase activities with music overlay and everything in seconds... than this is for you. If you are interested click here.